Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Remember John Lennon

With your hand in mine
We'll soar through the night
And like the dozens of spaceships we'll dance with satellites
We'll keep our eyes closed
And we won't let go
And with the millions of stars we'll will never be alone 





That's the vacation I want.
I have such a high love passion for lyrical geniuses. On a day like today, I just realize that putting words and expressing feelings into simple, straight forward but yet metaphorically, poetic words is such a difficult thing. Something that needs to be done correctly. I love it when I hear a great song or hook and it just explains, sums up my feelings of my thoughts that race a thousand miles per second through my mind in a matter of 3 or 4 words. It just hits me like, woah. Everyone interprets it different but it hits the spot. John Lennon, Paul Simon, Jackson Brown, John Mayer, Conor Oberst, Rilo Kiley, Aaron Marsh, Will Pugh, Bob Dylan, Andrew McMahon, Vanessa Carlton, Karen O, Dan Layus..... this is not even close to how many great lyricist there are out there, just my recent. Serious respect and envy. After these intense guitar and piano sesh's, maybe my writing and poetry I can put with a melody. When someone already has a melody I find the right words, it just comes. I want to write music. I want to do so much and too much.




Holidays are soon, I'm hosting the christmas party for all my ladies. I want to decorate and go all out. For Julia birthday too. This end of semester is draining me. I am looking forward to travels asap. This christmas break we will get everything together, and plan for them. California, I am coming. Soon I promise. 


I wish this state was stricter with school. People take such advantage of school, in China and India kids have school 50 more days then us. Shorter vacations and longer days. Much longer days, and look at how advanced they are. When I call a computer company for help with my illustrator programs, it's usually always India I am transferred to. If we didn't know better we couldn't complain, right. I know from my teaching experience, when kids come back in September you have to spend 3 months re teaching. That is a waste, I know I hate waking up in the morning early, and I love coming home with daylight while I was in middle and HS, but elementary school and middle school should be extended. Kids aren't getting what they are learning now, at all. Studies show, I am doing this for my final research paper for my 'Life Span' class and it is insane what I am learning about kids in other countries and their cognitive abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment