Friday, December 4, 2009

Flying at tree level

Isn't is crazy what time can do?
This day was so important to me. From 14-16 years old it was a birthday to someone I think I loved. And today, I woke up and went on with my day and didn't remember it was his birthday! Years can make you just forget something once that was so apparent, there. Happy birthday! It really freaked me out as I was driving home and I saw a familiar car. One that I had so many memories in it. Memories that I can still relive and reenact. So familiar, but yet so out of my head I let myself forget. At the red light. Everything hits me at red lights! I mean it; red lights are just time to stop, think to where you are going. And think about what you just left behind. I saw a familiar hand smoking a cigarette. Then the stop I heard the familiar music I once knew every line to that we'd sing together or that I'd childishly turn up as loud as I could during a fight, to get the last word. These memories streamed my head. I love that you can forget something, not think about it for a day or months; in this case, years! But it's in a back pocket in your brain, just waiting to be remembered. Rediscovered. That spark that goes off when you think about or speak about a memory. That's all you hold with past lovers, past friends. A back pocket full of memories that is only kept inside you and them. Uncharted territory. Food for though, eh? What a great day! Thank you for making me feel like a little kid tonight. I  really do love my job, I love my friends. Most of all, I do love this looney family. In all this chaos, I gather myself and realize how it isn't bad, it could be worse. It could always be worse. And all this handed to me and presented to me, is what I will deal with when I want to and how i'd like too. It has to be dealt with, feelings need to be dealt with of course, to keep it all working right up here. That can be done, on my own time. That is why my side says "In all that we call chaos, I will say is by design". Goodnight world, Dream Catch Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment