Monday, December 14, 2009

Face up

Have I ever told you?
I can hear your heartbeat from 6 feet away.
Without looking, I know it's you calling.
I like your imperfections more then your perfect hands.
When you laugh it sounds genuine, but I always wonder what is genuine about you.
Your initials are my alarm clock name, every morning.
Reading between my words, is something you do best and your secret power.
I drive around the block an extra time, every time just to hear that line.
People don't always leave.
Sentimental with you should be my middle name.
I blush when I see your stomach.
Excuses are my specialty.
I got out at that light and screamed loudly each night.
I've never washed that sweatshirt.
I lie about my feelings, constantly because I don't know them.
I know your patterns like the back of my hand.
Temporary is temporary for me but for you it is permanent.
Everything seems to have gone and come and I am standing idle wondering why the red light isn't green yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment