Monday, November 16, 2009

Meteor reprise

On Nov. 17, 2009, Earth will pass through the 1466 stream again, but this time closer to the center. Based on the number of meteors observed in 2008, Vaubaillon can estimate the strength of the coming display: five hundred or more Leonids per hour. The times provided are optimal view hours for PST, but the Leonid Meteor shower may last up to two days so there may be other times for optimal viewing.




This year I've watched 4 meteor showers and everytime I swear I saw more then 2 meteors. When I was a little girl me and my daddy would go outside and set up a blanket and lay down and he would tell me made up stories about the sky and people who lived up there. Every meteor shower I think back to those days. Remebering how I felt so small... and still when I watch the showers with girlfriends and boyfriends, I look up and still feel so so so small.




<3

No comments:

Post a Comment