Thursday, November 26, 2009

Finding love in all the right places

Thankful:

My mother for everything.
My father and his music and teaching me to hear the music not just listen.
My birth mother, for picking. For once, my whole life was laid out by a choice a woman made. You wouldn't be reading this right now if she didn't pick this Bassen household. The best damn choice a person even made. I am thankful everyday. Everynight. Every second.
My brother Leon, for being my best friend and my only constant real in a world full of fools.
My brother Greg, for getting healthy and my sense of humor. For adventures, always an adventure.
The three of us as triplets, when we are together no one else matters. They torture they put me through, I love it.
My Aunt, for teaching me piano, how to dress, and how to let go and just dance. To live in the now.
Grandma, for giving me candy behind my mothers back.
Grandma and Grandpa for taking me on trips because you taught me how much the world HAS.
My extended family, for the endless support and believing I am going to do something right even though I am quite scattered.
Cousins, for being friends who can't leave.
To the grand canyon, you changed my world.
My dance teachers for teaching me confidence and rhythm. Being in touch with my body is so important to me. You gave me friends and a place to go to when everything is messy.
To my Taylor, friends or not friends, you are my guide. My voice in my head telling me Lyn get up and go do what you want to do.
My Julia, for always picking me up and hearing me talk and talk and talk.
My Emily. My sister. The one person who's head is probably more insane then mine. You go it all going on girl and you give me a little bit of that. I can rely on you for honesty. That is rare.
My loves. The people I have told I loved you too. When I said it I meant it, with all it's meaning. I mean words, I let you all in. You will always be inside.
My house, for always giving me a place that I feel safe, where I can write to on this thing and not want to be anything else.
My 5th grade teacher, for teaching me how writing is a way of expressing yourself. Without I would hold way to much in. My diaries are all dedicated to her, Mrs. Wirth.
My friends. The 6 girls I cannot live without. All crammed in a 5 person car, smoking and talking and listening. We're all so different and I am thankful for that because you each are apart of me.
Mike, for teaching me to love myself before I can love someone else. I will always love you.
Dylan for being honest with how I can be so fucked up.
Samantha for being a sister since 5th grade.
Trina for listening. and being a girl with me.
Meagan for being a neighbor who always comes over and makes milkshakes with me.
To music for guiding my head and my heart to the right places.
My body for being healthy and letting me wake up everyday.
Nina for showing me the best friendship happens when you are young and clueless to the real world. We had it all. I will never stop. Unconditional love.
Angela for being tough on me<3
Anybody spending time reading this,  I will give back.

Thank you turkey for filling my belly. And twice baked potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment