Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yellow light

A lot of things have happened to me at stop lights. For that 20-60 seconds you are stopped. Going somewhere or leaving somewhere. Thinking about what you left behind or thinking about what you are getting yourself into. I have laughed so hard at stop lights. Been anxious, late for something at stop lights. Fixed my hair, sprayed myself, flixed my makeup. Changed a CD. Listened, really listened to the words blasting out my radio. Thought about if the light never changed what I would do. Wondered who is running these lights. Thought throughly about what I was going to say, act like, feel like once I got there. And when the lights green. You go. Something in your head knows to go.

I have fallen in love at stop lights. Been fallen in love with. Been kissed so hard. Thought about how for that 20-60 seconds I was stopped. I was conditioned to stop. Taught. I have fought with friends at stop lights. Gotten out of the car at stop lights. Walked home in anger. Felt complete at stoplights. Thought so hard about what I just left behind and how intense that was. Thought about the goodbye I had. Thought about the places I was going.

The places you have come to fear the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment