Thursday, November 5, 2009

Anonymous.

Over night factory worker


I have been attending Naranon meetings in support of my brother. I truly believe we are so naive to admit we don't know how to deal with it. And because of it, my house is just so uptight and we all are on edge. This all is coming from, simply, fear. Fear of death, addiction, hurting, and of it never going away. These meetings are opening my eyes to this side that some people have.
I have trouble accepting it. I hear these stories of spouses doing crack, or alcoholics, and it is so hard for me to accept that I am a victim, it is happening to me. Still after 2,3 meetings I have trouble knowing that, this is all real. It's hard for me to see the outside of the situation as an insider. I've never been an insider in a situation like this. Growing up I was always told, your family is so great. Bounded by real love, real want for children. My brothers are my best friends and it's not likely that everyone has that. Not only are they my first people I run to talk to. But I enjoy their company and we keep each other updated in each others lives, but we are such big parts in each others lives. Especially now all living home. Leon has been so strong through this. His twin brother, best friend has sort of, broken him. Leon and Greg are always shadowing each other. Except for gregs very impulsive behavior. Leon thinks. Greg never thinks. It is hard for a brother who is very attached to another brother, for them to be separated especially by a drug, a thing that alters changes,  ones mood. Family is so so important to me so I will continue to learn to be a better support system for the most important person to me, right now. I am just wishful thinking. I know it doesn't happen over night, but I have high hopes in him. And can't wait for him to come home. Because without him home, something's missing.


And being in these groups, you always realize there are people living with this everyday, years and years among years they live with this problem, as the person doing it, or family members. Just learning, teaching, trying, helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment