Friday, July 24, 2009

Fear of Flying

There are humans out there that just don't see what I see. It's hard to accept that. I work with children with special needs. It is the most challenging, grueling, frustrating job but at the same time it is so rewarding and it is the best high in the world when they finally get it. When you see progress. I live for that. That little click to go off in that little boys head when he can count one more number or when they understand the difference between yesterday and today. I wonder sometimes, why these kids are the way they are. Why were they chosen to have this disorder, they all have a purpose. An obstacle to conquer.
Sometimes there stare is empty. I talk, direct. They don't perceive it at all. It's empty. What is behind those eyes. I want to know. I want to figure it out. I hold the responsibility of being the foundation of these kids lives. Growing time, birth-7. 2-5 especially is when the most developing happens. When habits, routine, consistency is most important. I want to give the kids exactly what they need to improve and go somewhere. I miss Boces.

No comments:

Post a Comment