Sunday, January 2, 2011

Swan Lake

Finally a movie that makes you really wonder. Half of me hated it. The other half can't wait to own it and watch it one repeat. Not as much dancing as I had hoped, but the story line skyrocketed. Who saw swan lake, and gets this. I love minds. Natalie Portman will win big out of this, and even if not her performance is recognized and she got a baby and baby daddy out of it. I liked how less then half way through, the whole theatre got that, she's touching herself how do I react, who is uncomfortable feeling. I love that theatres can do that to you. The movie touched upon so much, people going stress crazy, anxieties, eating disorders, sexual abuse, the stress of being a dancer. It brought me back to 2 years ago. I miss dance, it's the only thing that quieted my mind. We all need to find quiet mind things, it's like a on-off buttom for our brain. Of course I came home, grabbed out my pointe shoes, and cried a little. But that's missing something right. I also came home and started diagnosing myself with everything but that's just another story.


I I loved the head pieces in this movie for the swans, and the make up was so intense. The eye changing for the black swan scared me. This movie was genius. 




Note: did you know that Laura and Kate Mulleavy of Rodarte designed the costumes for the dancers? Not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment